This item has been shown 16 times.
eb10175 nv13503 nv4102 nv68902 nv64602 TL6 SL0 Wood bougarabou drum, 'Collar'
Delivery by Valentine's Day (2/14/2020) guaranteed with STANDARD shipping ($11.00) if payment received by 1/29/2020
Look below for more details about our shipping guarantee
The name of this drum, Bougarabou, is onomatopoeia for the captivating rhythm it produces. Artisans of Bomukasa Limited present the instrument, its resonant body crafted from the natural luxury of tweneboa wood. A simple collar on the base provides visual contrast, as well as enhancing the overall tone. The drum features a goatskin-striking surface, held firm by iron rod rings wrapped in cotton cloth to prevent rusting. Nylon ropes securely fasten the rings, the sturdy design enhancing the overall visual allure. Lends a rustic musical accent to any setting. Finished in mansion polish.
Artist: Louis K. Botchway and Bomukasa
MORE FROM THIS ARTIST
Item Details Size
25.5 inches H x 11.5 inches Diam.
Weight 6.61 pounds Materials Tweneboa wood Additional Info
Instrument Rating: Beginner quality, intended for casual use
Photos are representative of the item being offered, but are not necessarily of the exact item you would receive. As is the nature of handcrafted items, there may be very slight variations from one piece to the next.
See Listing InfoCURRENT PRICE:
Our prices are significantly lower than suggested retail amounts. By cutting out all traditional middlemen we can bring you the best prices on the highest quality items, direct from the region of origin.
VALENTINE'S DAY GUARANTEE FOR LOWER 48 STATES
Delivery by 2/14/2020 guaranteed with STANDARD shipping ($11.00) if payment received by 1/29/2020
Delivery by 2/14/2020 guaranteed with EXPEDITED shipping ($84.00) if payment received by 2/9/2020
- BE SURE TO NOTE THE "PAY BY DATE" AND COST FOR THE SHIPPING SERVICE(S) INDICATED ABOVE IF YOU NEED IT BY 2/14/2020 -- OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT GET IT ON TIME
SHIPPING TO USA (LOWER 48 STATES) Shipping Services Shipping Cost Delivery Time Standard to Lower 48 United States $11.00 7 to 20 business days Expedited to Lower 48 United States $84.00 2 to 6 business days WE SHIP TO OVER 100 DESTINATIONS! Destination Shipping Cost Delivery Time Australia $123.00 3 to 8 business days (excluding Customs processing time at destination) Canada $84.00 3 to 8 business days (excluding Customs processing time at destination) Puerto Rico & US Virgin Islands $41.00 2 to 5 weeks USA (Alaska or Hawaii)
Standard Same as Standard
$11.00 10 to 24 business days USA (Alaska or Hawaii)
Expedited $84.00 3 to 10 business days United Kingdom $54.00 3 to 8 business days (excluding Customs processing time at destination) COMBINED SHIPPING FOR MULTIPLE sales
- If you win multiple sales that will ship from the same country, you may qualify for a combined shipping discount.
- IMPORTANT: In order to qualify for a combined shipping discount, you must pay for all qualifying items at the same time.
- Want to save on shipping? Find other items that ship from our West Africa office: Shop more from West Africa
- Ships direct from NOVICA office in Ghana.
- Shipping costs include insurance.
- For USA (50 states): Shipping costs cover all import fees.
- Sales tax will be added for all items shipped to California, Missouri or Texas.
- For Non-USA: Customers are responsible for all duty, tax, & brokerage fees that may be due upon delivery (shipping costs cover freight charges only).
- There will be a charge for all refused / unclaimed shipments
- We can ship orders with Standard shipping service to the USA to a PO Box. Orders with Expedited shipping and those shipping outside the USA require a physical address. Sorry, we are not able to ship to APO/FPO addresses at this time.
- For expedited or international shipping fees, you must manually "Add" the additional amount when paying by Paypal. For example, if you want the 8.00 Expedited shipping and the Standard shipping is 5.00, you must "Add" an additional 3.00 to your payment.
- All major credit cards accepted.
- Paypal accepted.
- Payment must be made within 7 business days.
- Positive response will be given within 20 days after you have received the item.
Biography of Louis K. Botchway and Bomukasa
Bomukasa focuses on rural areas. The company offers opportunities to young, disenfranchised individuals, cultivating the innate skills hidden within their own hands.
The drums of Louis K. Botchway and Bomukasa have been featured in Pool & Spa Living magazine. Bomukasa began as a sole proprietorship, started in 1980 by Louis Kojo Botchway. The name Bomukasa came into being in 1982, when Louis Kojo Botchway brought some artistic wood carvers and performing artists together to work and to train young people interested in the field. In the Akan language, Bomukasa literally means "together to discuss," its musical implication suggesting the discussion of sound. According to Botchway, the beginning was not easy. A talented artist, he completed a course in wood carving in 1979, and also studied graphic arts. Eventually he became interim president of Ghana's Wood Carvers Association, a recently formed group promoting the interests of its members. From humble beginnings with shoestring capital, Bomukasa Limited has grown into a successful producer of quality and creative African goods such as musical instruments, furniture, masks, and decorative panels. Bomukasa focuses on rural areas, working with the source of the raw materials. They offer opportunities to young, disenfranchised individuals, cultivating the innate skills hidden within their own hands. Currently Bomukasa comprises about 25 apprentices, 30 part-time employees, and a permanent staff of 20.
MORE FROM THE ARTIST
More NOVICA Treasures...
In association with National Geographic, NOVICA is the largest seller of quality handcrafted fair trade goods on and has been actively saleing rare artisan crafts since 1998.
LEARN MORE ABOUT NOVICA ALL JEWELRY ALL DECOR CLOTHING &
ACCESSORIES PAINTINGS RINGS BRACELETS NECKLACES EARRINGS SCULPTURE MASKS LAMPS & LIGHTING AREA RUGS TABLEWARE FURNITURE JEWELRY BOXES HAMMOCKS