This item has been shown 83 times.
Meinl Percussion ABGB-L Large 12-Inch African Wood Bougarabou, Brown
The Meinl African Bougarabou is proudly made in the tradition of the Jola people of southern Senegal. This classic bougarabou features an elongated goblet-shaped body carved from single log of plantation-grown Mahagony Wood. The body is deeper and narrower than the Djembe. The Bougarabou is carefully shaped for a perfect bearing edge and proper interior contours and fitted with a hand-selected cow skin head. This is important for its proper full rounded sound with crisp bright accents. It has intricately hand carved designs and is finished in matte Brown. The Meinl African Bougarabou has the traditional Mali-Weave tuning system with pre-stretched HTP rope, and 22 vertical runners. It can be played with traditional conga or djembe techniques. The Meinl African Bougarabou fits in our MDJB-M professional quality Djembe bag. The bag is specially constructed from heavy duty nylon with a side pocket and super-sturdy zippers. If the bag is too much protection, try our Professional Djembe Caps. These are elasticized covers to protect the head and bearing portions of the Bougarabou. They are very sturdy, compact, and easy to use. The Bougarabou may be played on our ST-DJEMBE Steely 2 stand or on our TMD Professional Djembe stand.
- Carved from one solid piece of mahogany: the Meinl bougarabou has outstanding acoustic properties that reach from deep, resonant bass notes to cutting, high-pitched slaps
- Cow skin head: this high quality head is hand selected for uniform thickness in order to achieve immaculate tonal quality and consistency. Cow skin is known for its mellow tone and thicker feel
- Traditional sound: the Meinl bougarabou is made in the tradition of the Jola people of southern Senegal to produce a genuine sound
- Playable with any technique: a bougarabou can be played with traditional conga or djembe techniques, and makes a rich complement within drum ensembles
- Handcrafted artistry: Meinl bougarabous feature an intricately hand carved shell with a stunning natural mahogany finish
Pineville Music was started in 2016 with the goal of providing the best gear for every musician. We pride ourselves on stocking products that are difficult to find elsewhere at a great price. Please message us if you have any questions or would like any additional product information.
We accept Paypal only.
All returns are accepted within 30 days. Buyer will be responsible for return shipping charges unless the product is materially defective or if there was a problem with the order.
All products are delivered within 5 business days. We do our best to ship and upload tracking within 1 business day, however orders falling on holidays or weekends may delay this.