Watch Video Demonstration of this Djembe
Creative Noise is extremely excited to offer three new models of Elite Pro djembes. Custom designs that you won't find anywhere else in the states. You can only get them here!! This latest batch of djembes will knock you out with their aesthetic beauty and superior sound quality. We have a limited number of each model. There are true collectors items in this batch.
The King Cheetah is representative of the rare breed of the species, only seen in nature a handful of times. Like the feline, this djembe is a speciality item, constructed to deliver pristine performance for the most advance players and a smooth purr for beginners showing promise in the art of hand drumming.
The Elite Pro djembes are hand made, custom carved professional grade instruments prepared with the finest materials. Each drum goes through a rigorous inspection of quality control using hand selected #1 quality mahogany hardwood. Only the best! Wood that is all legally harvested and certified to be legal timber, which is environmentally friendly.
Also, due to the specialized shell shape only 30% of the approved wood that is sorted for our Professional line meets the size, shape, and quality criteria for an Elite Pro. All shells have to be both hand carved and lathed. This is expensive and takes a long time. Every Elite Pro djembe is carved extra thick for incredible tones, and unsurpassed range.
Take special note of the neck ring on each Elite Pro djembe. Every drum is secured with a forged steel neck ring that is specifically fitted and built for each model. All Elite Pro shells are hand carved with a built in groove that is custom fitted to lock the ring system into place. This tedious process of welding a custom steel neck ring leads to a highly secured tuning system. When you tune up your new Elite Pro it stays locked and tight when performing. The Elite Pro’s have it all: craftsmanship, beauty, and that juicy tone you’ve been after!!
We take great pride that our djembe drums are environmentally friendly. Each drum is made from legally harvested/Government inspected and certified Mahogany.
Please note that each drum is hand-carved, by master carvers, and sizes will tend to slightly fluctuate. No two drums are exactly alike which makes each one a unique work of art.
20" Tall x 10-11" Head
- Legally Harvested, Environmentally Sustainable Mahogany wood, One-piece, solid shell construction
- Government Certification Process
- Low Stretch Alpine Nylon HTB 5 mm rope runners
- Natural, unbleached heads for authentic look and sound.
- 3 ring system at the head for more stable tuning and elimination of skin slippage
- Forged steel neck ring, with built-in groove that is custom fitted to lock the ring system into place
- Carved rim to stabilize bottom ring for precise, long-lasting tuning.
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Lateral groove/rough surfaced carvings on interior bowl to reduce overtones
- Premium selected goatskin drumheads
- Temperature controlled storage environment
- Shells are kiln dried with up to 20 coats of teak oil to protect and preserve the wood.