This item has been shown 8 times.
TL12 Wood bougarabou drum, 'Homeland'
Delivery by Valentine's Day (2/14/2020) guaranteed with STANDARD shipping ($9.00) if payment received by 1/29/2020
Look below for more details about our shipping guarantee
From Ghanaian artisan Mary Charity Owusu comes this captivating bougarabou drum. Hand-carved from tweneboa wood, the professionally tuned drum is covered with a goatskin head and embellished with black and red cotton cord. A unique zig-zag design in black and yellow encircles the base of the drum.
Artist: Mary Charity Owusu
MORE FROM THIS ARTIST
Item Details Size
18.5 inches H x 11.0 inches W x 11.0 inches D
Weight 6.28 pounds Materials Tweneboa wood, goatskin, cotton cord, iron rod Additional Info
Instrument Rating: Beginner quality, intended for casual use
Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
Photos are representative of the item being offered, but are not necessarily of the exact item you would receive. As is the nature of handcrafted items, there may be very slight variations from one piece to the next.
See Listing InfoCURRENT PRICE: US $255.95SUGGESTED RETAIL
Our prices are significantly lower than suggested retail amounts. By cutting out all traditional middlemen we can bring you the best prices on the highest quality items, direct from the region of origin.
VALENTINE'S DAY GUARANTEE FOR LOWER 48 STATES
Delivery by 2/14/2020 guaranteed with STANDARD shipping ($9.00) if payment received by 1/29/2020
Delivery by 2/14/2020 guaranteed with EXPEDITED shipping ($52.00) if payment received by 2/9/2020
- BE SURE TO NOTE THE "PAY BY DATE" AND COST FOR THE SHIPPING SERVICE(S) INDICATED ABOVE IF YOU NEED IT BY 2/14/2020 -- OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT GET IT ON TIME
SHIPPING TO USA (LOWER 48 STATES) Shipping Services Shipping Cost Delivery Time Standard to Lower 48 United States $9.00 7 to 20 business days Expedited to Lower 48 United States $52.00 2 to 6 business days WE SHIP TO OVER 100 DESTINATIONS! Destination Shipping Cost Delivery Time Australia $75.00 3 to 8 business days (excluding Customs processing time at destination) Canada $52.00 3 to 8 business days (excluding Customs processing time at destination) Puerto Rico & US Virgin Islands $32.00 2 to 5 weeks USA (Alaska or Hawaii)
Standard Same as Standard
$9.00 10 to 24 business days USA (Alaska or Hawaii)
Expedited $52.00 3 to 10 business days United Kingdom $34.00 3 to 8 business days (excluding Customs processing time at destination) COMBINED SHIPPING FOR MULTIPLE sales
- If you win multiple sales that will ship from the same country, you may qualify for a combined shipping discount.
- IMPORTANT: In order to qualify for a combined shipping discount, you must pay for all qualifying items at the same time.
- Want to save on shipping? Find other items that ship from our West Africa office: Shop more from West Africa
- Ships direct from NOVICA office in Ghana.
- Shipping costs include insurance.
- For USA (50 states): Shipping costs cover all import fees.
- Sales tax will be added for all items shipped to California, Missouri or Texas.
- For Non-USA: Customers are responsible for all duty, tax, & brokerage fees that may be due upon delivery (shipping costs cover freight charges only).
- There will be a charge for all refused / unclaimed shipments
- We can ship orders with Standard shipping service to the USA to a PO Box. Orders with Expedited shipping and those shipping outside the USA require a physical address. Sorry, we are not able to ship to APO/FPO addresses at this time.
- For expedited or international shipping fees, you must manually "Add" the additional amount when paying by Paypal. For example, if you want the 8.00 Expedited shipping and the Standard shipping is 5.00, you must "Add" an additional 3.00 to your payment.
- All major credit cards accepted.
- Paypal accepted.
- Payment must be made within 7 business days.
- Positive response will be given within 20 days after you have received the item.
Biography of Mary Charity Owusu
"I really enjoy creating designs and I love to hear the sound of a beating drum I just completed. "
"I'm Mary Charity Owusu and I was born in Accra in 1955. I am a wood carver and I craft traditional African drums. My friends describe me as happy and hardworking but strict. "I was born into a family of artisans. My father had no male children, so I was always with him. I was amazed at how my father and grandfather carved so professionally. They taught me this craft and I, in turn, have taught more than 20 students. Currently, I teach some of the children in my community. "One of the most difficult moments of my life was after my father died and I had to take on the responsibility of taking care of my family. I had to bring us all into the home together so we could live as one family. "It took a lot of practice and research to master wood carving. I use tweneboa wood and goatskin to create my drums. "I really enjoy creating designs and I love to hear the sound of a beating drum I just completed. Although I had to travel long distances to obtain the materials and also had to buy the leather myself to be certain it was genuine, I found the inspiration to continue. "I dream of having a bigger workshop in the future. I'd also like to help the orphans and needy children of my community."
MORE FROM THE ARTIST
More NOVICA Treasures...
In association with National Geographic, NOVICA is the largest seller of quality handcrafted fair trade goods on and has been actively saleing rare artisan crafts since 1998.
LEARN MORE ABOUT NOVICA ALL JEWELRY ALL DECOR CLOTHING &
ACCESSORIES PAINTINGS RINGS BRACELETS NECKLACES EARRINGS SCULPTURE MASKS LAMPS & LIGHTING AREA RUGS TABLEWARE FURNITURE JEWELRY BOXES HAMMOCKS